Incredibles - The real Ungorilla.

I originally created The Ungorilla as a Batman villain. The character was very specifically envisioned as "not a monkey". To tell the truth, I'm tired of talking gorilla villains. And I generally think the world of the Incredibles should be populated by guys in spandex-like uniforms. Anyway, the Ungorilla = Batman villian. A guy who looked about as much like a gorilla as Spider-Man looks like a spider. King Kreep (of Idiot Ink Productions, which I am now a part of) came in and did some designs, as seen here:



So I was all set to use him in Batman: The brave and the Bold. But an opportunity to use him in the Incredibles came first. So there you go. He's now a enemy of The Incredibles instead of Batman.

What was strange was that the end result looked nothing like Kreep's designs. This isn't a terrible thing, but it did lead me to re-envisioning the character and shaping new plans for his future. Maybe I'll use The Ungorilla's original design for something else down the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM YEAR ONE TO DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: A BATMAN CHRONOLOGY